BESIDE aims to bridge the gap between humans and nature—with high-quality editorial content and immersive experiences. We believe it is important to stimulate reflection and discussion by featuring a diversity of voices, ideas, and knowledge that can collectively propel us toward a more sustainable future. Because we strongly believe in person-to-person exchanges, we value and encourage debates on our platforms.
- BESIDE’s platforms are accessible to all, regardless of ethnocultural background, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or political affiliation;
- Comments must be of a personal, non-commercial nature. Advertising, in any form whatsoever, will not be tolerated;
- BESIDE reserves the right to supervise or moderate the comments published on all its platforms. Comments that do not comply with these Rules of Netiquette will be removed and BESIDE may decide, at its sole discretion, to block any user its platforms without notice;
- BESIDE reserves the right to remove comments that are vulgar, racist, hateful, xenophobic, sexist, violent, or that denigrate a person, an ethnic origin, a sexual orientation, or a religious affiliation;
- BESIDE reserves the right to remove comments that do not respect privacy, that could harm minors, that attempt to mobilize the population for any cause, or that contain information that is false, misleading, or illegal;
- BESIDE will eliminate comments that attack, among others, employees, authors, collaborators, and other users of its platforms;
- BESIDE can remove comments that are not related to its content and that take the form of a private discussion between users;
- BESIDE reserves the right, at its sole discretion, not to open a forum for a given topic or to close a “Comments” section that is not appropriate or that violates the Rules of Netiquette, at any time and without notice;
- Although our platforms allow you to publish hyperlinks in your comments, BESIDE can remove hyperlinks that lead to misleading, illegal, pornographic, obscene, or threatening information, or that contain defamatory content;
- Repeatedly sent comments and messages that violate civilized digital conversation codes (e.g., all-capitalized comments) will not be tolerated;
- BESIDE’s platforms are not anonymous and the use of pseudonyms is prohibited. Therefore, BESIDE reserves the right to approve the pseudonyms and to remove, at its sole discretion and without notice, comments that come from a person whose pseudonym is in bad taste or whose identification is false or stolen.
If you have any questions or comments regarding these Rules of Netiquette, do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.