Subscribe Now

Good news: you never have to miss another issue with our brand new annual subscription

Two editions per year

Free shipping worldwide

25% discount on any past issues

Monthly VIP Newsletter

An Automatic renewal to ensure you never miss an issue.

Read

“My parents had fled the war, and here I was running right back to it.”

Jad Haddad, who grew up in Lebanon during wartime, has long since been attracted to war zones. Today he is the head of an adventure tourism agency, fulfilling his quest…

The Quieter Side of the Mountain

By eliane |

Life in the green gap

By Catherine Métayer |

Living the Van Life: What You Need to Know

By eliane |

Meat Futures

By eliane |

Watch

Kroy

It’s under the soft fading light of dusk that the final Canot-Concert of the season took place, featuring the enigmatic KROY. With her hypnotic sounds, the Montreal artist —who also…

Société Duvetnor

By eliane |

Episode 03 – Family memories

By eliane |

The Pioneers

By Beside |

05. Traditional Fishing

By Catherine Métayer |

Listen

BESIDE Magazine On The Go

Somewhere Outside

By eliane |

Experience

Screening of the BESIDE documentaries

Forging a knife

By Geneviève Locas |

An evening with the Expedition AKOR team

By Geneviève Locas |

Soap making for outdoor clothes

By Geneviève Locas |

Traveling with kids

By Geneviève Locas |

Dossier

BESIDE the road

A coast to coast roadtrip to reinvent magazine distribution

8 episodes

In average, only 30% of print magazines handled by large distributors are sold, and the remaining 70% ends up thrown away. When working with these distributors, publishers are not only unable to reclaim their unsold magazines, but they can’t even target an adequate choice of retailers. BESIDE promotes both sustainability and creative entrepreneurship, and therefore it was essential that its distribution model reflect on these values. “We had to find an innovative way to distribute the first issue of our magazine while being true to our core values. So we have resigned our discussions with big distributors and imagined our distribution as a tool to get closer to our community across North America,” says Jean-Daniel Petit, BESIDE’s Creative Director.

Latest episode

Intro

Traditional Print Distribution is Broken. – In average, only 30% of print magazines handled by large distributors are sold, and the remaining 70% ends up thrown away. When working with…


JC Lemay

J-C is an Ontario-born biologist and underwater photographer. He moved to the area to study marine biology and the river soon became his second home. He might not have realized it…


Christine

As she glides on the snow, Christine tells us a little about her life story in her charming Gaspesian accent. She’s half Micmac, on her mother’s side. Having left the…


JP Tessier

J-P invites us inside for a drink where we meet his son Leo (3), his daughter Lily (6) and his wife Chiyuki, a Japanese ex-pro-snowboarder he met in BC. They’ve…


Jeff Spackman

Jeff Spackman and his friends pull up in a 90’s Jeep Cherokee ready to lead our hike. As a child, Jeff would spend most of his summers at the family…


Mustang to the rescue

The horses we meet at the ranch exude health and happiness. Through rehabilitation, they’ve built up their self-confidence and learnt to socialize with humans again. This can take time, but…


Recap


Montana & Oregon

Driving through Montana, Idaho & Oregon, the scenery evolves quite a bit, from flat lands to damp forests all the way to hostile glacier peaks. These regions have been home…

webseries

Abonnez-vous à notre newsletter!

Recevez notre newsletter à chaque semaine.

You Might Also Like

Across the Salty Roads

The South Pacific Islands are made up of lush greenery, multicoloured seas, windswept salty beaches, and rich historic cultures. They are also undergoing immense environmental challenges due to the global…